20 October 2010

Gender Swap

Here is my original - a one Ambrose Burnside, ever-handsome general of the Union during the American Civil War. Despite his epic, award-winning sideburns (which actually get their name from said general), he was a rather unsuccessful commander.

And here is my friend, Kimmi, who doesn't resemble Mr. Burnside in the least. This is going to be fun.

Meet Kimmi Burnside, general Burnside's daughter. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it now?



After several hours spent struggling to render Kimmi's face onto Gen. Burnside's, I finally achieved something I can be proud to deem complete. I may have bit more off than I could chew on this assignment, given the ridiculous facial hair (which was difficult to fit over Kimmi's face) and Mr. Burnside's lack of hair (which forced me to blend Kimmi's hairline with, well, Burnside's forehead, making the break between their two faces a bit more obvious). Alas, once I realized this it was too late to change project ideas, so I stuck it out and ended up with this, which is pretty good, given the circumstances. Enjoy the absurdity that is Kimmi Burnside.

No comments:

Post a Comment